Tuesday, November 18, 2014

CHRISTMAS PRESENT IDEAS / CALDER


 When family Christmas gifts come to mind my thoughts turn to the sculptor, Alexander Calder. I wonder what kind of gift would push our house farther in the direction of Calder's home in rural France. Don't get me wrong. I try to get something uniquely suited to the person I'm giving it to, but in some cases Calder influenced things fit the bill. 


I've never given anybody an interior door, but it would make a nice gift, don't you think?


Wow! What a clutter! I wonder if Calder actually cooked in his kitchen? Anyway, there's a few good ideas here. It looks like Calder bought pots and pottery for the way they'd look on his wall.


I like the way Calder hangs pots. A hanging iron pot rack (above) would be a nice gift. I also like the way he made lights out of pie plates and baking forms. 


Yikes! The man is even more messy than I am. He has good taste in some of the details, though.



The items above are all from Etsy, but Ikea has stuff like this too. I'd say some of these things are Calderesque.


Calder loved indoor plants. Plants make a great gift, especially if they're exotic and easy to take care of.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

And I thought I was really messy too! Anyway, these ideas are sure interesting.