Thursday, March 26, 2015

MORE OF MY VIDEO GAME IDEAS

Another Theory Corner first: here's more of my video game sketches. In this drawing (above) I tried to give Aztec/Mayan motiffs a sort of Basil Wolverton sensibility.


 Above, some fake Aztec wall decoration (above).


I like the idea of sometimes finding yourself skating in cramped quarters. In a situation like this (above) the possibilities are endless. You can be crushed by the trolley or you can dive into manholes or open doorways that lead to other locales. You can also press yourself against the wall and accept the punches, slaps, kisses, cat scratches, farts, etc. of the passengers and pets leaning out the windows.


I love stuff like this (above).


This thought (above) would have required a total redo if it had been accepted. I was trying to make fun of traditional Japanese furniture which is very low and close to the ground, but the idea doesn't come across here.



Copyrights by the copyright holder.

4 comments:

J Scribbles said...

the japanese furniture idea is super funny!

AJ Scudder said...

these are great eddie - keep em coming!!

guto korea said...

oh my god, I'm AMAZED by this stuff. truly wonderful sketches. as an avid videogame player, I wonder why they don't try hiring true pros to create the games' visuals more often. I mean, while now of days games are getting prettier on what john calls the "representational" field, when it comes to the character designs it's either bland anime people or uncanny valley monsters. (some old games got it right -- the first mario design was based on the fleischer cartoons, and sonic's first design was based on felix the cat)

anyways, i'm definitely gonna play this, even though it seems the guys at atlus watered down the spumco designs (and from what I gather, the game itself isn't very good). here's hoping you guys get the chance to do another game -- hopefully now the technology will be able to cope with the dynamism of spumco.

Unknown said...

Whoa! These are great. I didn't know you were actually interested in video games. I'd love to see more posts about this idea.