Wednesday, November 04, 2015

HALLOWEEN 2015


Well, another Halloween bit the dust this Saturday. Here I am at Mike's place, posing in his Flintstone hat.

I only had a short time to decorate the porch for the Trick or Treaters. Usually I spend a whole day making paper cutouts for it, but this time I just emptied a couple of garage boxes and made what I could from what was there. How do you like this "Old Lady from Hell?"

Haw! The little kids hated the evil old people dummies and had praise only for the pumpkins. The older kids liked them, though. Halloween always brings out the local art students.


 Here's a wig I got from Ikea the day after Halloween. It doesn't look like much from the front but it strikes a great profile.



I wish I'd saved the masks my kids made in grade school. One or the many benefits you get from having kids is that you get lots of free wall decorations that are better than what you can buy.


 Nobody in my neighborhood sold good plastic masks this year.


They used to be cheap and readily available. Now they're expensive collectors items.

Wait a minute...this face is based on an ancient Greece mask. How do you like that? The original was created 2,300 years ago and the mask is still on sale.


I was a snob who only collected latex masks. Now the good plastic masks are gone and my latex masks are falling apart. Why did I ignore these nice plastic masks?

Why?

Because I'm...
S T U P I D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


4 comments:

Brian said...

I saw this video on YouTube and I thought you would really enjoy it, Eddie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0fPIMPqzDc#t=131

The guy is like a living Don Martin character!

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Brian: Many thanks! This guy was great!

Connor Lucier said...

Hello, Eddie!
I've been visiting your blog for only a little bit (great stuff, by the way).

I thought You might appreciate this Cartoonist who worked for the Baltimore city paper in the early 2000's.
His name is Tim Kreider, and His cartoon "The Pain... When Will it End?" is wildly satirical and highly subversive(so don't say I didn't warn ya!)
.... but you gotta appreciate his drawing style!

I'll leave the link here

http://www.thepaincomics.com/

Anonymous said...

You sure look spiffy in that lodge hat!